Thursday, August 25, 2011

First thing on my mind...

Didn't go to bed until 2am. Alarm went off at 5:30am. Sound of Isaac laughing fills the room (it's a great alarm). I hit snooze. The alarm goes off again. It's 5:45am. I am exhausted. Deliriously exhausted. However, the first thing that pops into my head is "The Light" and an overwhelming urge to write down what is in my head. I don't even turn on the light. I just grab my notebook and write. Hope you understand...

Thoughts of you consume me.
Open my eyes; floodgates to my mind.
Thoughts start pouring out.
Thoughts of a different time.
Different opportunities.
The potential we have,
to be something purely awesome...
Have you ever stood in the pouring
rain and laughed?
The rain washes over you;
soaking and cleansing.
Your love is like the rain.
Washing all my cares away.
Making me erupt in spontaneous laughter.
Mindless smiling...
Maybe one day, I will stand in the rain.
Feel the warmth wash over me,
and dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment