Tuesday, November 8, 2011

At the end of the day...

At the end of the day, as I am driving home completely exhausted (physically and emotionally), I am consumed by absent thought. My body hurts. I can feel the aches from working out yesterday; the tenderness from the chiropractor pressing on things. I would like nothing more than to go home and have someone take care of me. The mere presence of this thought haunts me; causing me to feel completely selfish and prima donna. I was raised to rely on no one. Period. Especially a man. I take care of others. I do not and will not allow anyone to take care of me. I will run myself ragged in the name of all those around me and banish help when offered. "I am woman. Hear me roar!!" However, pseudo-Irish twins; an estranged husband in need of a 12-step program (but in extreme denial); several mental health diagnoses later (of my own); an insane job; and a divorce in the balance; has led me to believe one really can't do it all. I have realized the hard way that sometimes you just have to ask for help; one person cannot do it on their own. That being said (and I really mean saying that was like pulling teeth because I would rather die trying than admit I cannot do it on my own...), am I admitting my own defeat? That is how I feel some times (most times) - defeated. In addition to feelings of defeat, I feel depleted and strained. I'm flat out, fucking tired. Period. My body aches, my chest hurts, my hair is falling out. What more can a person ask for?
Today, I drove by my empty parking spot and panicked that I had parked in a 2-hour spot, forgot to move my car, and would inevitably have a ticket. I then realized I was driving my car.
A few weeks ago, I called my cell phone from my office phone to check my voicemail and answered my cell phone when it rang! Seriously?!? I am losing whatever fragments of a mind are left!!
At the end of the day, I continue to ask myself when enough is enough?? If I manage to lose my job, maybe it will be a blessing in disguise. A human being can only take so much emotionally and physically. What I would give for a partner to share this burden. I carry the weight of the world on my shoulders and let's face it, it's really heavy. However, I refuse help. Part of it has to do with the inability to trust in anyone. I fully trust no one; including God (my apologies to G-O-D). But, let's face it...he already knows, right?? He knows what bounces around in my FUBAR mind every second of every day. I hate to admit it, but my faith is waning. My strength faltering. My stamina, diminishing by the second. All I want to do is have someone hold me while I just cry. They don't need to say a word; just hold on tight and don't let go. As sobs cause my body to shake, just keep holding on. As tight as humanly possible. I want the ability to just let go; and I mean LET GO. Let all the angst, worry, regret, resentment, debilitating pain, completely drain out of me until there is nothing left. I spend all day taking care of others; and to be quite honest, I am OK with it, mainly because it affords me the opportunity to be distracted from my own dysfunction. However, many a day, I find myself driving home yearning for someone to take care of me. I yearn for someone to share the burden  of the weight of the world. At the end of the day, I can't carry it all on my own. I need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment